Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Weird Science-- Surgically Implanted Bra



How does this sound:
"What we've done is build a silicon bra, insert it into the body and attach it to the ribs and to the fascia. It's like a normal external bra where a strip lies on the shoulder and attaches around the body. We attach it to the ribs instead of to the shoulder, and to the fascia in the lower part of the body."
Bizarre?  Awful?  I agree, and I don't even have breasts.  Now I'm sure there are some ladies out there who would gladly have bra straps going through their muscles and ribs just so their breasts look perfectly perky without clothes, but they are the same women who marry 90 year old oil tycoons and die of Vicodin overdoses.  And I digress...

Even though studies on pigs have shown that the procedure is completely safe, I'm still a little skeptical.  My prediction-- women will probably still buy conventional bras. 

[Link: Gizmodo]

Bookmark and Share

No comments: