Monday, June 28, 2010

Entourage won.


Last night, my favorite HBO show (since Sopranos and The Wire ended), Entourage, returned for my viewing pleasure and, oh man, it was glorious.  Simply put, Entourage won, which means (by the transitive property) I win because every Sunday (the eve of my perpetual, 40-hour work week) for the rest of summer is not going to suck as bad.

Entourage won for several reasons...

Reason 1- Dania Ramirez.  

She was the sexy limo driver that Turtle tried (and thankfully failed) to kiss.  I say thankfully because convincing me that Turtle could rebound from Jamie-Lynn Sigler to Dania Ramirez is a task too presumptuous (and altogether ill-advised) even for the brilliant HBO writers.  But with that said, Ms. Ramirez is fine.  Click the hyperlink to peep her Maxim spread.

Reason 2- I'm genuinely interested in the plot.  

Turtle's business is finally taking off, which I like because I had grown tired of the slacker, butt-of-every-joke Turtle who was essentially just a leech on the rest of the entourage.

Drama's career is in jeopardy which will be entertaining because, unlike Vince whose static mood is a certain savvy nonchalance, Drama goes nuts when things take a turn for the worst.  So I'm excited to see how he swindles and strong arms a deal for his own network show. 

Ari is now the top dog.  As he explained in his meeting with the agents, his responsibilities have elevated from simple client management and acquisition.  He can now contend for the rights to American entertainment properties like the NFL.  Ari will be faced with more daunting tasks.  Hilarity will ensue.

Reason 3- The Guru tribute.  

As you may or may not know, hip hop legend Keith "Guru" Elam died on April 20th of this year from cancer-related complications.  He was 43.  Hip hop heads know that he and DJ Premier aka Gang Starr made some of the dopest music during what many consider the Golden Age of Hip Hop.

Entourage played the Gang Starr classic "Above The Clouds" as the credits rolled, which I thought was a wonderful, poignant salute to the recently deceased emcee.  RIP Guru.

Like I said before, Entourage won.  Can't wait for the rest of the season!

Bookmark and Share

No comments: